Monday, August 31, 2009

Countdown!

Ten days until the show and things seem to be humming along. The design room is really throwing everything into it - I think they’re enjoying themselves but that just may be wishful thinking on my part.


I did get away this weekend. I attended a wedding at the Sagamore Hotel at Lake George in upstate New York. The lake and hotel were spectacular as was the wedding. It’s been my only time off since I started this adventure, and I sure needed it.

This is going to be a very busy week. I’m trying to cram in at least two fittings with our model and I have to finish getting all the shoes and accessories. I’m working on the music for the show too - which is kind of fun. The music is all about trying to evoke a mood and reflects the feeling of the collection. I’ve picked a few tunes that I like but there’s a lot more to do.

I mentioned a fitting. I think fittings are the hardest and yet the most rewarding thing about putting together a line. Fit is crucial, both for samples and for stock. I’m working with a great model - her name is Aida. The relationship with a fit model is so important; a good model can help with construction and fit, and more importantly, act as a muse. I’ve always done my best design work with I work directly with the model. I’ll see about getting pictures of the fitting up on the blog sometime on Wednesday.

The RSVP’s for the show are coming in every day and so far I’m getting a nice response. I’m holding my breath about responses from Women’s Wear Daily and Style.com. Both are so important to the Fashion Industry….

My posts may tend to be a little more frantic in the next few days - and if they are you know why!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment