Monday, September 28, 2009

Whew!

Well, that’s over. The Coterie is finished for Spring 2010. I must say, it was quite an experience.

Last Monday, the day after I returned from Australia, I met with Jack, Shauna and Michelle to set up our modest booth at the Javitz Center in Manhattan. I was beat from the trip, but anxious to get started - to see how these clothes were going to do.

Set up for the Coterie was certainly easier than the collectible trade shows we do - basically, it was just steaming the clothes and hanging them on the rack in the booth. Simple and quick - but somehow, we managed to fill the day.

The show started on Tuesday - I had no idea what to expect. Buyers swarmed the isles and before we knew it, we were in business!

If any of you have been to a trade show, you have a pretty good idea of what it was like - but for me, unlike the collectible shows, people were much more business-like and serious, but we did meet some very friendly buyers.

So how did we do? We took a few very nice orders and gave away many cards in hopes of future business. Was I thrilled with the response? I wouldn’t say thrilled, but I was pretty pleased. After all, few people had ever heard of the Company.

I have a lot to think about—I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment